In addition to the forms you must fill out, your veterinarian must also complete the Veterinary Notes form here: http://www.WildBlueDogs.org/VeterinarianApplication
Please read this carefully and then email or mail the application form as well as the required financial documents to the following addresses:
Wild Blue Dogs Treatment
1077 E. Pacific Coast Hwy #169
Seal Beach, CA. 90740
Criteria for selection of Candidates for Treatment Grants
- Only canine patients within California and immediately adjoining communities will be considered eligible for grants.
- Owner must demonstrate financial need and prove their inability to afford cancer treatment for their dog by providing a copy of 2 recent bank statements or copies of recent pay stubs, and a copy of their previous year’s tax return statement (copies to be reviewed and then destroyed).
- Priority given to patients with the best prognosis with treatment versus prognosis without treatment.
- Priority will also be given to dogs that are trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities.
- Cancer treatments and surgeries will take place in a facility of Wild Blue Dogs choosing. Only specified facilities with explicit written authorization from Wild Blue Dogs will receive payment for services.
- Sponsored treatments will include chemotherapy, radiation, laser treatment, surgery and related costs, medications for treatment of symptoms, side effects, pain management and emergency euthanasia.
- Candidate selections will be made by a minimum of two Wild Blue Dogs Board/Advisory Members.
- All decisions of the board are final. Names of the board members making decisions on grants will not be released to anyone outside of Wild Blue Dogs Board of Directors.
- The owner must be in agreement with the course of treatment mutually decided upon by Wild Blue Dogs and the attending Oncologist.
- Wild Blue Dogs does not guarantee the outcome/efficacy of any treatments.
- Owners must accept all risks associated with cancer treatment and veterinary care. Unexpected side effects and new conditions will not be covered by the grant. Euthanasia costs will be paid for dogs that have already received a grant, and only in sudden, emergency situations con-current with treatment. Any other emergency services will not be covered.
- Owners must sign a release with permission to use patients story & sound and visual images of the canine patient for promotional purposes. No private information, financial information, or social media addresses will ever be released by Wild Blue Dogs. We simply want the right to tell the story of your dogs illness, progress & treatment.
- Owner must be wiling to provide volunteer participation or help with a Wild Blue Dogs or CLEAR event.