Sample Day at Wild Blue Dog Camp
• Doga - Yoga on the beach with your dog.
• Leave to go to the 4H Camp
• (or) Leave to go on a Hike
• Lure Coursing
• Training for CGC & CGCA
• Behavior Modification - Force-free ways of correcting bad habits.
• Paddle Board with your Pup
• Foundation Cues - Things every Dog should know to have a Happy Life.
• My Crate’s Great - Teaching your dog to love their safe space.
• Nosework/USCSS Testing
• Agility - Perfecting each Obstacle.
• Lunch at 4H Camp
• Pet Photography - Learn the Tricks the Pro’s use.
• Core Balance/Strengthening
• Nutrition - Get the latest information on healthy feeding.
• Scent Trailing
• Kayaking with K9s
• Acupuncture for Dogs -Sessions with a Professional
• Problem Solving
• Agility - Fancy Footwork
• Therapy Dog Training
• Senior Dog - Life Enrichment
• Alternative Medicine
• Teaching Your Dog to Swim
• New Products for Canine Lifestyles
• Testing for CGC & CGCA
• Canine Stretch & Massage
• Return to Hotel
• Yappy Hour
• Campfire - Talks & open discussion.
- The Tahoe Beach Retreat is less than a 10 minute drive to the 4H Camp. Campers can continue to enjoy the facilities at the hotel, can head out to a hiking trail-head with a hiking guide, or can drive over to the 4H Camp, 33 fenced acres of glorious natural beauty and private beach. A safe, beautiful place for uninterrupted time with your 4 legged Best Friend.
- We have 4 levels of hiking, all with hike leaders. Strolls, for those who prefer level ground and relaxing paces. Moderate, two hours of walking over modest trails and along streams and lakes. Advanced for the fit, and Trail Blazing for the very experienced.
- Campfire talks include a wide variety of topics ranging from sportsmanship & the joy of team competition, to problem solving, to cancer awareness and treatment, to proper doggy etiquette.
- Do a million things or just chill. Participate in every class, or just sit and enjoy the sunshine. The beach is always open for wet & wild fun, you can stroll the grounds, play fetch, practice things you learned in class, take a private session with an instructor, visit with other campers, or nap beside your snoozing pooch. Dog Camp will be your favorite week of the year!
- Breakfast and dinner are catered by the Tahoe Beach Retreat inside our private event tent, right on the lake. For one week the tent “goes to the dogs” and becomes the gathering place for the Wild Blue Dog pack. Great location, great food & great staff.
- Lunches will be served “buffet style” at noon at the 4H Camp.
- Our schedule includes all levels of activity, so whether you have an energetic puppy, a precious old friend, a dog recovering from illness or injury, a shy dog or a wild child, our staff will provide classes to meet you & your dog at your current level.